Monday, February 9, 2009

Michigan State Game Notes

No real news on the Spartans so far today. Look for speculation on Raymar Morgan's status later in the print media.

Around the Big Ten
1) Illinois Hammers Purdue - Purdue had their worst outing of the year and suffered a rare blow out under Matt Painter. I worry that the Spartans might be too aware of the Boilermakers' recent losses. Especially as we head down to Ann Arbor tomorrow.
2) Devan Dumas Suspended Indefinitely - Kudos to Tom Crean for doing the right thing, although it's a lot easier to suspend a guy when you are a shorthanded team like IU that essentially doesn't have a chance of winning another conference game anyway. Iowa isn't on the schedule again.

That's Ridiculous
1) Jamal Anderson Is a Dirty Bird - The ESPN analyst was charged with felony cocaine possession and for smoking the chronic. The funniest part of this story was ESPN reporting their own comments on the situation. Crazy.
2) A-Roid - You all know, so I will just tell you the most surprising thing I found about this story. A-Rod's agent, Scott Boras, has a doctorate in industrial pharmacy. Coincidence?
3) Cold Play Best Rock Group? - The English band even admitted that they were miscategorized. They said that instead of hard rock, they were "like limestone." To put them up for an award against artists like Kid Rock and Metallica is ridiculous.

Mailbag
Green had a great game no doubt and was a huge help off the bench. I just hope it wasn't a fluke and when games are close especially against tougher opponents, he can step up and come through with some help.
--Glass-Half Full, Sterling Heights, MI


While I applaud Green's performance on Saturday, I don't want to be like the print media and say that Draymond all of sudden gets it because he had a great game. Unfortunately, going forward, I anticipate Green getting closer to his current season averages (2.5ppg, 2.9rpg) than the 15 and 12 he got on Saturday. I will also go on record and say that I would go with Gray over him just because I think he has a higher immediate upside to his game. Green will be a solid player in the future.

Tomorrow - Michigan Preview (It may be late in the day)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or email me. All comments will be read, but not all of them will be published. I plan on picking a select few and discussing them on tomorrow's blog. Please leave a handle and your location. Email addresses are optional, but if you leave one, I can send you a message if I am going to publish your comment.